Ever since the first beat-up old newsboy bikes were modified to ride in the dirt, mountain biking has been about defying convention and finding new ways to make the ride better. And each new style of riding requires a perfect solution. EX1 is the world’s first drivetrain system specifically developed for the unique demands of the E-MTB. With proven SRAM 1x™ technology as its DNA, this group’s heart is the EX1 cassette, which allows optimal steps between cogs for more purposedriven shifts and providing the best gear range for midshipmotor E-MTBs. Each EX1 component is engineered to perfectly complement the system, and the result is quiet operation, intuitive shifting, increased battery life and greater durability. EX1 opens the door to a brave new world of mountain biking.Key Features
- Lightweight, durable, stiff and designed specifically to work with Bosch and Brose mid-ship motors, EX1 crankarms are purpose built for the high-torque E-MTB environment.
EX1 X-Horizon Rear Derailleur:
- The EX1 derailleur capitalizes on the robust build and precise shifting attributes of the X-HORIZON™ design, to create the world’s first derailleur specifically made for E-MTBs. Engineered to handle high-torque, low-cadence shifting across the 11-48 tooth E-BLOCK™ cassette, the EX1 derailleur gives E-MTB riders clean, confident shifts, so they can spend more time enjoying the ride.
EX1 X-Actuation Trigger Shifter:
- It has the proven SRAM shifter technology and authoritative lever feel, but the EX1 shifter has been engineered to deliver one perfectly accurate shift at a time, alleviating double shifting and over shifting. Single precise gear changes increase battery life and help to decrease component wear.
- The high torque loads of E-MTBs require tough components. The straighter chain line EX1 offers allows the use of a chain that is wider and more robust than those found on drivetrains not specifically engineered for E-MTBs. The EX1 chain has been engineered to run quiet across the gear range and transmit more power to the rear wheel.
EX1 XG-899 E-Block Cassette:
- E-BLOCK™ shifting technology is a fundamental redevelopment of external drivetrain shifting. On the E-BLOCK™ cassette, the chain has a defined link position on each cog. Cog architecture has been engineered to work with both inner and outer links of the chain, which allows extremely refined shifting for both inboard and outboard shifts. The result is precise and robust shifting performance in any situation, even with full motor support.
- 11-48t, 8-speed cassette machined from case-hardened tool steel
- Non XD™ driver body compatible
Note: Sprocket for Bosch sold seperately