Shimano's RT81 rotors embody their signature Ice-Technology. Ice- Tech produces 25% more braking power. The 3 layer rotor features an aluminum core between stainless steel. This was done to quickly and efficiently dissipate heat. With better head dissipation, there is more consistent braking power. Key Features
- SM-RT81 Ice-Tec rotors give excellent performance made from a stainless steel / alloy 3-layer sandwich construction that manages heat while riding
- The clad steel / alloy / steel rotor construction allows heat generated from braking to radiate quickly through the aluminium core achieving surface temperature drops of around 50 deg C.
- Ice-Tec rotors achieve long pad life, less noise and less fade due to improved heat dispersion
- Using the proven Shimano Centre-Lock system for excellent rigidity and security with an easy set-up
- Rotor contact surface has been developed for excellent pad clearing and cooling which increases pad performance and life
- Large forged alloy spider supports rotor surface, increasing rigidity and reducing weight
- Available in 160mm and 180mm Rotors