The Wave™ pattern applies alternating lateral force to each chain link to actively retain links to ring – going beyond narrow/wide implementation that relies solely on friction.
The Wave™ tooth pattern swings right to left, grasping the interior of the chain for retention, but allowing room for mud, debris, and grit to escape. The Wave™ design creates more open areas for mud and debris evacuation and preserves chain retention in adverse conditions – one of many “Achilles’ Heels” of narrow/wide designs. Designed with mindful consideration of system friction, the Wave™ design actively engages the chain but yields much less concentrated wear than competing designs — spreading the load over large surface areas instead.
Tough enough for Enduro, Downhill, and also weight conscious for XC riding. These MTB Wave Tech rings are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum and Hard Anodized to take a beating.Key Features
- 104 BCD
- New Wave Technology tooth profile. Alternating teeth for better chain retention
- 30T NOTE: is a threaded and needs M8 bolt with min 7.5mm length threads
- 10/11sp Shimano/KMC/SRAM, 11sp SRAM XX1 chain
- 4.5mm plate 7075-T6 Al for superior stiffness
- Stamped and machined manufacturing with hard black anodizing for durability
- Rear derailleur Must use a 'CLUTCH' type rear derailleur. eg Shimano Shadow or SRAM Type 2
- In very rough terrain, or just for pure security, we still recommend use of an upper guide