Tough enough for Enduro, Downhill, and also weight conscious for XC riding, Praxis MTN Wave™ rings are machined from 7075 T6 aluminum and hard anodized to take a beating.
Licensed and developed in conjunction with Mountain Racing Products, the Wave™ pattern tooth profile applies alternating lateral force to each chain link to actively retain the chain to the ring – going beyond narrow/wide implementations that rely solely on friction, while allowing room for mud, debris, and grit to escape.
The Wave™ design also wears more slowly than competing designs by spreading the load over larger surface areas.Key Features
- For Praxis Direct Mount MTB cranks or 3-Bolt SRAM MTB cranks
- Wave Technology tooth profile. Alternating teeth for better chain retention
- Machined manufacturing with hard black anodizing for durability
- 10/11sp Wide/Narrow tooth profile for better chain retention
- Stamped and machined manufacturing with hard black anodizing for durability
- Rear derailleur must use a 'CLUTCH' type rear derailleur. eg Shimano Shadow or SRAM Type 2
- In very rough terrain, or just for pure security, we still recommend use of an upper guide